Yttrium oxide Details
Chemical Name: Yttrium oxide; Yttrium(III) oxide
CAS No.: 1314-36-9
Molecular Formula: Y2O3
Molecular Weight: 225.81
Appearance: white powder
Yttrium oxide Typical Properties
||5.01 g/mL at 25 °C(lit.)
||soluble in dilute acid solutions
Yttrium oxide Usage
Yttrium oxide is often used as a functional additive material due to its high dielectric constant, good heat resistance, strong corrosion resistance and a series of excellent physical properties. It is widely used in atomic energy, aerospace, fluorescence, electronics, high-tech ceramics, etc. field.
1. Used as phosphor matrix material in display, lighting, marking and other fields;
2. Used as laser medium material, prepared into transparent ceramics with high optical performance, which can be used as laser working medium to achieve room temperature laser output;
3. Used as an up-conversion luminescent matrix material, used in infrared detection, fluorescent labeling and other fields;
Made into transparent ceramics, it can be used in visible and infrared lenses, high-pressure gas discharge lamp tubes, ceramic scintillator, high-temperature furnace observation windows, etc.;
4. Can be used as reaction vessels, high temperature resistant materials, refractory materials, etc.;
5. Used as raw materials or additives, it is also widely used in fields such as high-temperature superconducting materials, laser crystal materials, structural ceramics, catalytic materials, dielectric ceramics, and high-performance alloys.
Yttrium oxide Packaging and Shipping
Yttrium oxide Storage
Keep container tightly closed in a dry and well-ventilated place. Store in cool place.