Chemical Name: Vinyltrimethoxysilane
CAS No.: 2768-02-7
Molecular Formula: C5H12O3Si
Molecular Weight: 148.23
Appearance: Colorless transparent liquid
Vinyltrimethoxysilane Typical Properties
|Colorless transparent fuming liquid
1. Used for polyethylene cross-linking to manufacture wire, cable insulation and sheathing materials. This product is an important cross-linking agent for cross-linked polyethylene. Compared with common peroxide cross-linking and radiation cross-linking, the cross-linking process has simple equipment, low investment, easy control, and is used in the polyethylene density range. Wide, special-shaped fan-shaped wire cores with high extrusion speed. Because of its excellent electrical properties, good heat resistance and stress crack resistance, silane crosslinked polyethylene is widely used in the manufacture of electrical wires, insulation and sheathing materials.
2. Manufacture of heat-resistant pipes, hoses and films. This product can also be used as a cross-linking agent for ethylene-vinyl acetate copolymer, chlorinated polyethylene, and ethene-ethyl acrylate copolymer.
3. Used to impregnate glass fibers and inorganic silicon-containing fillers to improve the wetting and adhesion of resin and glass fibers, thereby effectively improving the mechanical strength and electrical properties of FRP and plastic laminates, especially wet mechanical strength and Electrical performance.
4. It is used to make special coatings. This product can be copolymerized with acrylic monomers to make special exterior wall coatings. It has the characteristics of weather resistance, dust resistance and scrubbing.
5. This product is a good promoter for the adhesion of silicone rubber to metals and fabrics.
Vinyltrimethoxysilane Packaging and Shipping
Stored in cool dry ventilated place away from fire, heat, light, acids, and food materials.