DL-Mandelic acid Quick Details
Chemical Name: DL-Mandelic acid
CAS No.: 90-64-2; 611-72-3
Molecular Formula: C8H8O3
Molecular Weight: 152.15
Appearance: White orthorhombic flaky crystal
DL-Mandelic acid Typical Properties
||White orthorhombic flaky crystal
||Soluble in water and ether
||Should be absent
||50 ppm max
|Assay (on dry basis)
|Transmittance(10% w/v water)
||Not less than 90%
|Residue on ignition
What is dl-mandelic acid?
1. DL-Mandelic acid is also known as bitter almond acidor alpha-hydroxyphenylacetic acid. Appearance: white crystalline powder, melting point range 118.0 ~ 121.0 °C. DL-mandelic acid is toxic, harmful to skin contact and ingestion.
2. Because of its strong antibacterial effect, it can be directly used orally for the treatment of urinary tract infections.
3. DL-mandelic acid has chiral molecules and is an important chiral drug intermediate and fine chemical production. It can be used not only for the synthesis of vasodilator ring mandelic acid, urinary tract infection anti-inflammatory drug DL-mandelic acid urotropine and town.
4. In 2012, China’s DL-mandelic acid consumption was about 250 tons. At present, the demand for DL-mandelic acid in the international market is growing at an average annual rate of about 10%.
5. DL-mandelic acid and its derivatives have a wide range of applications in organic synthesis.
1) If it is in medicine, it is an important intermediate for urinary tract fungicide – urotropine mandelic acid and peripheral vasodilator – cyclomanganate;
2) In the dye industry, it is also an important intermediate for the excellent heterocyclic disperse dye, benzoquinone difuranone.
DL-Mandelic acid application
1. This product is used as pharmaceutical raw materials and intermediates, dye intermediates, etc.
2. Special reagent for zirconium, copper, organic synthesis, fungicide.
3. DL-mandelic acid is used in organic synthesis and pharmaceutical industry. The medicine is methyl benzoylformate, cefotaxazole, urinary tract bactericide, urotropine mandelic acid, terminal vasodilator ring mandelic acid, eye drops. An important intermediate for oxybenzoxazole, pimoline and tropine antispasmodics. It is also used clinically as a urethral preservative.
4. This product is also used as a preservative and chemical reagent.
DL-Mandelic acid Packaging and Shipping
25kgs per drum.
DL-Mandelic acid Storage
Cool dry place.